Frankly speaking, the most underrated oil around, vitamin E is both a nutrient and antioxidant with dozens of uses and acts as a catch-all ingredient for those who want beautiful skin & hair. It’s a vegan, fat-soluble compound found mostly in plant oils and green vegetable leaves.
As an antioxidant, it helps fight free radicals that can be caused from oxidative stress from everyday life, and can aid in beautifying your skin. Plus, it can be used to help protect and nourish dry or flaky skin. The key? Not all vitamin E oils are created equal. Many products on the market are infused with synthetic ingredients, such as colors and fragrances which can actually irritate the skin further for those who may have more sensitive skin.
Therefore, it may be more beneficial to use a pure, natural form of vitamin E oil to help avoid skin irritations that can be caused by some synthetic ingredients such as fragrance and colors.
Once you’ve got your favorite product in hand, you can use it dozens of ways in your beauty regimen and to help address problem areas.
So friends, here, five of our treasured tips and tricks to get you started.
1. smear on your cuticles to help soften rough edges
Let’s face it, hangnails are a drag and there’s nothing worse than dry digits from handwashing with harsh soaps. Not only can they become irritated, but also normal body lotion often doesn’t cut it. Simply put a drop of vitamin E oil onto your finger or a soft cotton ball and spread along your cuticle where your nail bed meets the skin. Let it absorb and repeat a few times per day until your cuticles feel moisturized and look good.
2. lather on your lips to hydrate and relieve chapped or cracked chops
Especially with fall and winter around the corner, it’s now more important than ever to take good care of your lips and make hydration paramount in your beauty routine. Cracked or chapped lips don’t ever look good and can even take your confidence factor down a notch. So kiss it goodbye with vitamin E. It’s rich and thick in consistency so you can get deep penetration — plus it can lasts long. Spread a thin layer across your lips, smack them together, and repeat to stay hydrated.
3. tackle dry or flaky skin, especially with colder months approaching
Sometimes, nothing could be more frustrating than waking up with dry skin and trying to find the right product to help provide hydration fast. Many can fall victim to dry skin, any time of year especially during the winter months or if living in a drier climate. Using vitamin E oil daily can help your skin stay hydrated by massaging small amounts of vitamin E oil into the skin to help soften, smooth and protect problem spots. Because it’s gentle on your skin, using NEWISH vitamin E can help soothe dry skin and improve the overall appearance making your skin look and feel beautiful.
4. massage into your scalp to help itchy, flaky skin
There’s nothing more bothersome than an itchy scalp — especially when hair coloring treatments or cold winter temperatures get the best of our tender follicles. Enter, vitamin E oil. Rubbing a small amount into dry patches in your scalp can help soothe flakiness and moisturize your skin. This boast some serious antioxidant benefits. Think of it like a hair mask. Simply warm a few drops in your palms and massage into the sensitive areas on your scalp after a shower or before bedtime to deeply hydrate those areas that (let’s face it) don’t receive a lot of attention.
5. mix with your favorite essential oils for body-aromatherapy
Vitamin E oil is an excellent carrier for other essential oils, which often need to be diluted before rubbing directly onto your skin. When used alone, some essential oils can cause skin irritation or react poorly with sunlight (like citrus oils). However, vitamin E oil acts as a natural base to carry the oils onto your skin — without overdoing it. This fragrance-free carrier can be mixed with a few drops of your go-to essential oils to create an aromatic moisturizer for your skin, or infused treatment for aromatherapy self massage. Dry skin be gone!
TRY IT: We believe what’s in your beauty products is just as important as what’s not in them. Our NEWISH Vitamin E essential Oil is 100% vegan, SLS & Paraben free and pure.
Vitamin E oil is an antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties that are effective in maintaining skin health.
So Vitamin e essential oil has manifold benefits :
Reduces Hyperpigmentation: Studies suggest that combining Vitamin E with Vitamin C can work as a natural sun protector and can reduce hyperpigmentation. If you’re adventurous and enjoy staying out in the sun for long hours, this can be your new best friend!
Prevents Skin Aging: The antioxidants present in Vitamin E improves blood circulation. Vitamin E oil and other topical forms of Vitamin E slow down your skin-aging process.The oil can make your skin look firm and youthful!
Improves Dry Skin Conditions: Vitamin E oil acts as a moisturizer to reduce and prevent dry skin. Studies suggest that Vitamin E oil can be helpful in treating mild psoriasis.
Removes Dirt: Vitamin E oil is a heavy emollient. It removes dirt from your pores to give you a refreshed and smooth appearance. A few drops of Vitamin E oil should do the trick.
How To Apply Vitamin E Oil To Your Face?
Before applying Vitamin E oil to your face, conduct a patch test at the back of your hand. Wait for 24 hours at least. If the patch doesn’t feel itchy, dry or red, you can apply it to your face.
If you’re using pure Vitamin E oil, follow these steps while applying it to your face:
• Wash your face and gently pat dry. Cleansing is always the first and most vital step of your skincare regimen.
• Take a hot/warm towel and wrap it around your face for 2-3 minutes. This will allow your pores to open up and soak-in the oil better.
• Take a pea-sized amount of the oil. Gently rub the oil into your skin with your fingertips. Don’t be too harsh on your skin.
• If you have dry skin, you can leave the oil on overnight. If you’re prone to breakouts or have sensitive skin, wash it off after 15 minutes.
• In case you choose to apply the oil to the rest of your body, make sure it doesn’t touch your clothes. You want your skin to reap the benefits of the oil, not stain your clothes!
Tips for Vitamin E Oil
• Vitamin E oil is sticky. It can stain your pillows and sheets. If you choose to leave it on overnight, wrap a soft towel around your pillow to avoid staining.
• Bedtime is ideal for application as the oil doesn’t allow makeup to stay for long hours. Also, it can make your skin look greasy.
• Make sure to wash your hands thoroughly after application to avoid them from feeling greasy and slippery.
How Long Can I Leave Vitamin E Oil On My Face?
• Before using any oil, it is recommended to determine your skin type first. Vitamin E oil can benefit your skin in many ways. However, it is not suitable for all skin types. The oil can clog pores and aggravate breakouts.
• If you have oily skin, wash off the oil after 15 minutes. Over time, if you don’t experience breakouts, you can extend the time limit.
• Oral Vitamin E supplements are a better option if you have oily skin. However, its usage for more than a year can result in thinning of blood and reduce platelet count. Consult your dermatologist before consuming Vitamin E supplements.
Can You Leave Vitamin E Oil On Your Face Overnight?
• Vitamin E promotes smooth skin. If you have dry skin, leaving it on for the whole night is recommended as it does not result in any side effects in most cases.
• As an overnight treatment, mix Vitamin E oil with NEWISH carrier oil like jojoba oil or almond oil. A carrier oil will dilute the Vitamin E oil and make sure it stays on the skin. Essential oils like Vitamin E oil evaporate easily and don’t stay on the skin for long hours if applied alone.
• If you have oily or sensitive skin, leaving Vitamin E oil on for the whole night is not recommended. Wash off the oil 15 minutes after application.